Junior Accountant/Financial Analyst
We work smart. We set goals. We crush them.
Each member of our diverse, energetic team has individual growth goals because we want people to become the best version of themselves. As we grow, this experience-making, assumption-challenging, people-empowering philosophy must grow with us.
We need someone who can measure our success, challenge our goals, and grow our business to new heights and profits.
Our Junior Accountant/Financial Analyst is a methodical hustler, a strategic thinker with an insatiable passion for numbers, data, and making sense of it all. This person is tasked with managing the day-to-day financial operations of our fast-growing start-up. This role requires someone whose talents extend beyond basic accounting principles. We need a dynamic numbers-crusher who can build financial models and projections and assist with investment and capital decisions. Ready for the challenge?
What you’ll be doing…
- Maintaining the General Ledger of Accounts
- Managing all A/P and A/R functions
- Improving systems and procedures and initiating corrective actions
- Processing month-end balancing and journal entries
- Monitoring and reporting cash flow
- Preparing monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports
- Invoicing and renewing clients
- Managing vendor relations and communications
- Preparing quarterly/annual taxes
- Budgeting and cash forecasting
- Identifying trends in financial performance and providing recommendations
- Building financial models and projections
The best candidate....
- Possesses a Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance
- Has 1-3 years of Accounting or Finance experience
- Has proven knowledge of accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations
- Is an expert with MS Excel
- Is trustworthy and confidential
- Has an ambitious work ethic
- Is motivated and self-starting, with a desire to always improve
- Has outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Has strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Is detail-oriented and organized
- Possesses excellent interpersonal skills
- Has a strong understanding of GAAP and/or statutory accounting principles
- Is experienced with QuickBooks and other accounting software
- Progressive, inspiring, and open office and culture
- Eligible to enjoy all amenities located within this cool start-up hub
- Free lunch on Fridays
- Paid Vacation
- Opportunity to build and learn with a fast-growing start-up